How to Turn Off Airbag in Ford Focus
- 1). Make sure all electrical accessories on your Focus are turned off.
- 2). Turn the ignition off.
- 3). Locate the central junction box. It will be bolted to the firewall below the left side of the instrument panel. Remove the cover.
- 4). Locate the 7.5 amp fuse labeled "Restraints Control Module" (RCM). Remove the RCM from the central junction box.
- 5). Turn the ignition on and watch the indicator lights on the dash. The air bag light should illuminate (continuously without flashing) for at least 30 seconds if the correct fuse was removed.
- 6). Turn the ignition off after the light has stayed on for at least 30 seconds.
- 7). Disconnect the ground cable from the negative battery terminal. Secure the ground cable so that it cannot accidentally contact the battery. Wait at least one minute before continuing.
- 8). The air bag is now disarmed.