HoMedics Fountain Cleaning Instructions
- 1). Unplug the fountain's electrical cord from the wall outlet. Remove the top from the fountain by lifting up on it. Look inside the fountain interior for the pump assembly, which is a small cylinder that has plastic tubing on it. Pull the tubing out of the cylinder and lift it out.
- 2). Hold the pump under a running faucet and gently scrub the entire surface with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Rinse the pump well with water to remove remaining debris; set it on a towel to air dry.
- 3). Pick up the base of the HoMedics fountain and pour out the existing water into a sink. Fill the sink with a mixture of one part water and one part white vinegar until it is deep enough to submerge the base of the fountain. Allow the fountain to soak for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse the fountain in clean water and allow it to air dry.
- 4). Set the HoMedics fountain base back in the desired location and insert the pump back into the fountain.
- 5). Fill a cup with distilled water and fill the fountain until the water line reaches 1/2 to 3/4 inch below the top of the fountain edge.