How to Select the Best Roof Rack
- 1). Look for a roof rack that can support the greatest amount of weight. You never know what situations might arise in the future, so select a rack that can handle heavy objects.
- 2). Choose a universal roof rack that will fit cars as well as SUVs and vans. This will come in handy in the event that you purchase a new vehicle.
- 3). Select a roof rack that is durable and can withstand harsh weather. Generally, most bigger name companies carry quality products that are tough and long-lasting. Searching online can provide in-depth details on a product in which you are interested.
- 4). Get locks along with your roof rack. This will ensure that your equipment is protected against theft while mounted to your car. Standard locks will suffice, but interchangeable locks are ideal because they can be transferred to other vehicles.
- 5). Ask if there are any extra accessories that come along with the product, such as pads or rubber plugs for rust prevention. If you plan on hauling luggage, you will need to purchase a cargo box or bag as well.
- 6). Buy only from an honest and reputable dealer. It's best to shop around and find the best deal to fit your needs. A good way to determine a dealer's reputability is to look online for reviews, check online forums or to simply ask around.