Advantages of Paper Collections for Recycling
- Using raw materials to make paper results in 73% more pollution than making paper from recycled materials. One ton of recycled paper will conserve the amount of electricity required to sustain a medium-sized household for a year's time.
- Often found in offices, collections of single-sided pages printed from the computer or photocopier that are marked for recycling encourage people to use the blank side of these sheets for scratch paper, avoiding having to use a brand new sheet.
- Through programs such as "Recycle Bank," paper accumulated by a household can earn reward points and coupons that can be redeemed at participating retailers on products from brands such as Kraft.
- By having an organized system for collecting and recycling used paper, companies and businesses can significantly reduce their spending on waste disposal.
- Businesses that make it a point to implement a system of paper collections for recycling and make these efforts visible to the public, are likely to gain recognition within the community for their contribution.