How to Use a Recovery Console on XP
- 1). Launch the computer from the Windows XP disc by placing the disc into your computer, restarting the computer and pressing any key on your keyboard when you see "Press any key to boot from CD" appear on the monitor.
- 2). Press the "R" key when prompted to open the login screen for the Recovery Console.
- 3). Select your operating system by pressing the number displayed next to the operating system you wish to log in to.
- 4). Press the "Enter" key, type in your Administrator password and press the "Enter" key again.
- 5). Make the necessary changes to your system via the Recovery Console and then type "exit" and press the "Enter" key to leave the console and continue booting the computer normally.
Tags MSDN Microsoft Windows Exchange server Office Visual Studio Outlook Solutions Excel win XP NT 2003 technology Microsoft Access Excel ffice Powerpoint Word Oracle