System Restore (regular mode)
- 1). Turn the computer and log into Windows as "Administrator."
- 2). Click on "Start," "All Programs," "Accessories," then "System Tools," and select "System Restore." This will launch the System Restore application.
- 3). Click on "Restore my computer to an earlier time," unless it is already selected, and then click "Next."
- 4). Click on the most recent restore point in the list titled "On this list, click a restore point," and click "Next." A list of changes may pop up; just click "OK." Click "Next" on the confirmation page, and System Restore will begin restoring the system files and reboot the computer. Log in as Administrator one more time, and the System Restore process will complete. Reboot and log in as normal.
System Restore (safe mode)
- 1). Turn your computer on (or reboot it), and press "F8" as soon as it starts to boot. Select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" from the list, and press "Enter."
- 2). Select your Windows XP installation on the list, and log in as "Administrator" at the prompt.
- 3). At the prompt, type in "%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe" and press "Enter." Follow the remaining instructions to restore your Windows installation to a previous state.