How to Replace a Jeep Wrangler JK Amplifier With a Dodge Nitro Amp
- 1). Locate the two plastic panels under the steering wheel. Gently pull on the top of each panel until it pops out of place. Let the panels rotate downward and out of their plastic hinges.
- 2). Remove the three bolts behind the two panels you removed with a 10 mm socket wrench. Remove the metal plate by pulling it out.
- 3). Unplug the wiring harness from the factory amp and pull it out from under the steering wheel.
- 4). Remove the bracket from the Nitro amp with a Torx T-15 driver. Plug the wiring harness into the Nitro amp and install it in the space for the factory amp.
- 5). Reinstall the metal bracket and the two bolts that secure it. Screw in the third bolt that secures the amp into place. Tighten the bolts until they are snug.
- 6). Replace each plastic panel by inserting the bottom first, making sure the hinges line up properly. Then push the upper portion inward until it pops back into place.