How to Put WMV on an iPhone
Convert WMV File
- 1). Download the video conversion software of your choosing (see Resources) and install it onto your computer. Double-click on the software's icon on your computer's desktop to launch it.
- 2). Select "Browse" underneath the header titled "Select Input File" and locate the WMV file that you wish to transfer to your Apple iPhone. Double-click on the file to import it into the video conversion software. Ensure that the box underneath the heading "Target File" is set to "H.264." This will ensure that your video file is converted into a H.264 MPEG-4 encoded video, which is supported on the iPhone.
- 3). Set your converted video's quality settings in the "Profiles" section. Select the "High" profile from the dialog box for a video with a high resolution picture and sound. While these files are of high quality, they also are larger in file size than most videos and can take up a great deal of space on your iPhone. Select the "Low" profile for a lower quality video that does not take up as much storage space.
- 4). Press the "Convert" button at the top of the screen and wait for an Apple iPhone-compatible copy of your WMV video to be made. Exit the video conversion program when the process has finished.
Transfer Video to iPhone
- 1). Download the Apple iTunes software (see Resources) and install it. Double-click on the program's icon to open the software.
- 2). Drag the outputted MPEG-4 video file that you created into iTunes and release it over the "Videos" tab on the left side of the screen. Insert the dock connector end of the iPhone USB connector into the bottom of the phone. Plug the USB end of the cable into an available USB port on your computer.
- 3). Press the "Sync" button on the lower-left side of your screen and wait as your iPhone syncs with your iTunes library. During this time, your recently converted video will be transferred onto your iPhone. Disconnect the phone from the computer when the sync completes.