How to Program a Sony Car Stereo Faceplate
- 1). Turn the Sony stereo on by pressing the "source" button located on the top left corner of the circle of control buttons on the left side of the stereo's face.
- 2). Adjust the color of the display by pressing the "color" button located at the far right of the stereo.
- 3). Press the "source" button to navigate to the tuner. Press the "mode" button located on the bottom of the stereo's face, to the right of the circle of control buttons to select between AM and FM.
- 4). Press the "Seek" buttons to change the radio frequency. The "Seek" buttons are in the middle of the circle of controls. The left "Seek" button tunes the frequency lower, the right "Seek" tunes the frequency higher. Release the button once you have landed upon the frequency you would like to program into memory.
- 5). Press the number button located on the bottom of the stereo's face and hold it for two seconds. "MEM" will appear in the display to signify that the frequency has been preset to the number you have selected.
- 6). Set the equalizer to the sound "curve" that you prefer by pressing the "EQ7" button located at the far left side of the stereo's face. Press the "EQ7" button to scroll between presettings. Choose from "XPLOD," "VOCAL," "CLUB," "JAZZ," "NEW AGE," "ROCK" and "CUSTOM." Press the "Source" button when you have arrived at the setting you prefer.