Law & Legal & Attorney Immigration Law

What Is "Waiver On Grounds Of Inadmissibility"?

Inadmissibility means that an individual is not given permission to enter a country for specific reasons.
In US legal terms, inadmissibility also means that the individual has been barred from applying for a visa or entering the US based on federal and state laws.
However, when an individual falls into this category and is not permitted to enter the US, they are allowed to submit an application of "Waiver on Grounds of Inadmissibility".
They can file for a waiver to enter the country by submitting an application to the US Consulate for an adjustment of status.
There are numerous reasons why a person is classified as being inadmissible and some of these include a criminal history, various health reasons, staying illegally in the US, and other reasons.
The immigration policy of the US does not allow anyone with infectious diseases such as gonorrhea, leprosy, syphilis, and tuberculosis to enter the country and will not be granted a visa as per the US Secretary of Health and Human Services Regulations.
They are allowed to file a Form I-601 or apply for the "Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility".
Additionally, people coming from specific countries are required to have certain vaccinations.
If they refuse to get them, they will not be allowed to enter US, but they can still file a Form I-601 for a visa.
People with mental disorders, certain physical issues, and behavioral problems are not allowed by law to enter the US either.
But they can still apply for a "Waiver on Ground of Inadmissibility".
People with criminal records, drug related violations, DUI's, and prostitutes are not allowed within the US, but they can still petition for the waiver as well.
Persons accused of home security related issues (i.
, convicted terrorists, being a neo-Nazi, having participated in espionage activities, etc.
), or any person who poses a threat to US national security are not allowed within the US.
The law of inadmissibility applies to illegal immigrants, especially those that violate the visa and stay in the country illegally.
However, you can apply for a "Waiver on Ground of Inadmissibility" if you have stayed beyond what is allowed by your visa or once the legal period of stay has expired.
Even individuals who have entered the US illegally, have been unlawfully present in the country for over 180 days, or are on a 3-year visa ban can file for an appeal.
For those individuals who leave the US voluntarily - even after overstaying for a year or more and getting a 10-year visa ban - they are still allowed to file a Form I- 601 in order to receive a "Waiver on Grounds of Inadmissibility".
Additionally, those people who have committed fraud to receive immigration benefits and who have been deported in the past can apply for the "Waiver on Ground of Inadmissibility".
However, if any person has falsely claimed to be a US citizen in order to receive these benefits under the Immigration and Nationality Act, they are not allowed to enter the US and cannot file for the Form I-601.

You might also like on "Law & Legal & Attorney"

Leave a reply