How to Turn Off URL Rewriting in IIS7
- 1). Click the Windows "Start" button on the Windows server and select "All Programs." Click "Administrative Tools," then click "Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager" to open the configuration window.
- 2). Click the "Web Sites" icon. In the list of websites, click the website that contains the URL rewrite configuration you wish to disable.
- 3). Right-click the web.config file in the center details section. Click "Modify" to open an editor. The web.config file contains the URL rewrite instructions.
- 4). Scroll down the page to the <rewrite> tag. This tag defines the rules for the URL rewrite function. Comment out the opening and closing tags to turn off the settings. The following code shows you the "<!--" and "-->" syntax, which comments out the tags:
//rule syntax is here
- 5). Click the "Save" button to save the changes. You must repeat these steps for each website whose URL rewrite function you wish to disable.