How to Pull Music Off an iPod Touch Manually
- 1). Double-click the iTunes icon on your desktop. After the program loads, connect the iPod touch to the computer via the USB connector cable.
- 2). Click to select the iPod from the "Devices" panel pane in the left sidebar. Click the "Sync" button to back up the existing content and transfer any purchases you made with the device. Itunes will notify you when the synchronization is finished.
- 3). Click the "Summary" tab on the main pane and locate the "Options" section.
- 4). Mark the check box for "Manually manage music and videos" and click the "Apply" button.
- 5). Go to the left sidebar. Click the arrow icon next to the iPod touch label to show a list of all content on the device. Select the "Music" category.
- 6). Right-click a song you want to remove from the iPod Touch. Select "Delete" and click the "Remove" button on the pop-up confirmation window. A file may take a few moments to delete permanently off the device, but it will remain in your iTunes music library.