How to Install an HP Deskjet 5550
Installation in Windows Vista and 7
- 1). Connect the HP DeskJet 5550 printer's A/C adapter to its inlet port and a wall power outlet.
- 2). Turn the printer on by holding down its power button until its LED light illuminates. The printer will also make an alert noise once it is powered on.
- 3). Plug the HP DeskJet 5550's USB connector able into one of the computer's USB ports, and into the printer hardware's USB inlet port, located at the back of the printer. The computer will begin working immediately to detect the connection. Once the connection is detected, the printer's software drivers will be installed automatically.
Earlier Windows Operating Systems
- 1). Go to the "HP DeskJet 5550 Software Drivers and Downloads." (See resources for site link.)
- 2). Provide the name of the operating system for the computer, where you'd like to install the HP DeskJet 5550. The software driver link for the operating system will be displayed when your Internet browser redirects to the download screen.
- 3). Click the driver link that will be displayed for your operating system. A download window will open with two options. Opt to simply run the installation application, as opposed to saving it to your computer.
- 4). Run the driver setup application link and follow the HP InstallShield wizard prompts, and choose of the recommended HP driver settings to complete the installation.