How to Remove a Fender From a 1965 Mustang
- 1). Remove the bolts that secure the bumper brackets to the frame with a deep-set socket wrench. The bumper brackets are located underneath the front of the bumper.
- 2). Remove the bolt that secures the each end of the bumper to the fender with a deep-set socket wrench.
- 3). Lift the bumper off of the car.
- 4). Unplug the headlight's wiring harness from the car's main wiring harness by accessing the harnesses from inside the wheel well and pulling the two connection pieces apart.
- 5). Remove the two bolts that secure the front of the fender to the front of the radiator support with a socket wrench.
- 6). Remove the bolts that secure the top of the fender to the top of the engine compartment with a socket wrench.
- 7). Open the door to access one fender bolt located inside of the door jamb, just above the upper door hinge, then remove the bolt with a socket wrench and a socket extension.
- 8). Remove the single screw that secures the plastic kick plate the interior of the car next to the occupant's feet with a Phillips head screwdriver, then pull the panel away to reveal a fender bolt access hole. Remove the bolt with a socket wrench and a socket extension.
- 9). Remove the bolt from the bottom of the fender, just behind the tire, with a deep-set socket wrench.
Lift the fender off of the Mustang.