What Are the Benefits of Microsoft Certification?
- A Microsoft Certification will help you sharpen your skills within a certain Microsoft product, like Outlook or Excel, or you can gain expertise on Windows servers or licensing solutions.
- Employers will view your Microsoft Certification as an asset to their business. According to a 2006 IDC white paper, "Sixty-three percent of hiring managers believe certified individuals are more productive than their non-certified counterparts are."
Finding a Job
- Once you are certified, you can post your resume online through Microsoft's partnership with CareerBuilder.com so that employers can look for certified professionals. Certified individuals are also invited to special networking and career-development events.
- Microsoft offers a community of MCPs (Microsoft Certified Professionals) that only certified individuals can access. The community offers the chance to communicate with other MCPs, access to transcripts and logos, and invitations to special conferences and workshops.
- A variety of resources are available to help you prepare for the certification exam. All the resources, as well as the Microsoft community benefits, are available online for your convenience.