Law & Legal & Attorney Wills & trusts

How to Find Out If an Offender Has Been Released From Prison

    • 1). Contact the federal and state court where the offender was prosecuted. Verify whether the offender was sentenced in federal or state court.

    • 2). Obtain the full legal name and birth date of the offender if you do not already have this information. You can do this by calling the court clerk where the offender was sentenced.

    • 3). Visit the Federal Bureau of Prisons Inmate Locator website (see Resources). Input the necessary information about the offender. This locator will automatically provide the current status of this particular offender. If the offender was released, the locator status will say "released."

Leave a reply