How to Restore a Toshiba Satellite Laptop to Factory
- 1). Connect the AC adapter to your Toshiba Satellite laptop and connect to AC power.
Turn on your Toshiba laptop. Open your CD-ROM drive and insert Disk 1 of your Toshiba Recovery Disk set. Hold down the power button until your Toshiba laptop powers off.
- 2). Turn your laptop back on. Press "F12" at the Toshiba boot screen to access the Boot Menu.
Highlight your CD-ROM/DVD drive using your arrow keys. Press "Enter" to boot from the Recovery disk. Several messages will appear on the screen as the software loads.
- 3). A large warning sign will appear, informing you that all data on the hard disk will be deleted and rewritten. It will ask if you have backed up all important data. Click the "yes" button to continue, if you have backed up all of your important data.
- 4). The next window gives you two choices. The first choice is a basic recovery of factory default software, which will recover your Toshiba Satellite laptop to the out-of-box factory state.
Highlight the first radio button and click "Next."
- 5). The next window gives you three choices, two of which are for advanced configurations. Highlight the first radio button to recover your Toshiba laptop to the out-of-box state and click "Next."
This window warns you that all partitions will be deleted and all data lost on the hard drive. Click "Next" to start the recovery.
- 6). Your Toshiba Satellite will now restore to the factory default state. A time indicator will show how much time has lapsed, and how much time is remaining in the process.
Insert the second recovery disk when the laptop requests it and click "OK" to continue.
- 7). Click "Finish" when the laptop tells you that the recovery is complete. The disk drive will open. Remove your recovery disk as the laptop restarts.
- 8). Listen for the music as Microsoft thanks you for purchasing your Toshiba Satellite featuring Microsoft Windows. Click "Next."
- 9). Read the terms of Microsoft's End User License Agreement (EULA). If you accept the terms, highlight the "Yes, I accept" radio button. Click "Next."
Highlight the first radio button that says "Help protect my PC by turning on Automatic Update now." Click "Next."
Click "Skip" to avoid setting up networking information. Microsoft will pause while checking your Toshiba's connection to the Internet. Click "Skip" to avoid setting up an Internet connection right now.
Highlight the two radio buttons labeled "No, not at this time" to avoid registering with Toshiba and Microsoft. The laptop will remind you to register at a later date, which will give you time to configure your personal settings. Click "Next" to continue.
Type your name into the first user box labeled "Your name." Click "Next."
Microsoft again thanks you, offering congratulations for completing the setup. Click "Finish" to close the wizard.
Log in and enjoy your Toshiba Satellite Laptop, newly restored to factory condition.