Extension Ladder Manufacturer Instructions
- 1). Lay the ladder flat on the ground with the bottom blocked or pushed up against the building or house you will be working on. The bottom feet are grooved and will inhibit the ladder from sliding out when pushed up against the side of the house.
- 2). Look up to make sure there are no power lines in the way and the ladder will not hit anything above it. Pick up the extension ladder in the center. Bend down and lift the ladder off the ground. Walk you hands up the rungs and begin lifting the ladder up against the wall. Keep your knees bent and back straight to help avoid lifting injuries.
- 3). Move the ladder away from the wall until it is at an angle where you can put your weight on it. Grip each side of the ladder with both hands and move it back from the wall.
- 4). Pull the ladder away from the wall. Pull up on the top section of the ladder to begin extending it up the wall until the desired height is reached or until the top section is completely above the bottom section.
- 5). Lean the ladder back up against the wall and move the base out 1 foot from the wall for every 4 feet of ladder height. If the top of the ladder is 20 feet up in the air, the base should be 5 feet from the wall.