Shuttle buses are basically used for transporting people across small distances. It could be used by a corporate house for transportation of employees, by a religious organization for its followers, by the airport for taking passengers to the plane and back, and so on. If you are in the market for shuttle buses, the following checklist may be of help.
- One of the first decisions you need to make is whether to buy used or new. New buses are invariably pricier but they can also withstand the rigors of several journeys over the years because they are new. They have better facilities too. On the other hand, used buses are more cost effective but they can make the buyer a profit only if they are in excellent working condition. It takes an expert to verify the actual running condition of a used bus. Set your budget before you even begin your search and stick to it. A little market research can help you arrive at the approximate costs involved.
- The size of the bus is another important consideration. When purchasing the bus, it is necessary to calculate the capacity taking into account present requirements as well as future growth prospects. The 25 passenger shuttle bus is one of the most popular options for most buyers, since the size makes maneuvering easy and the bus has the capacity to transport a sizeable group of people.
- Shuttle buses are expected to be fast movers and they are on the road a long time. Therefore, buyers must pick their buses carefully. One has to choose between gasoline and diesel engines, automatic and manual transmission and so on. These are complicated matters and require discussion with an expert.
- These days, buses are equipped with all kinds of creature comforts. Luxury buses are the norm. Music systems, TV, DVD, air conditioning and internet availability are some of the features passengers look for. In addition to this, comfortable seats and plush interiors are also quite common these days. Such facilities add to passenger comfort. More facilities invariably cost more.
- If you are buying a brand new bus, it is advisable to make the purchase from a reputed dealer who has been in the business for a long time. Many dealers make customized buses that suit the unique requirements of buyers. Experienced dealers also employ experienced staff and provide excellent customer service. They are more inclined to work with buyers to nail down requirements and offer suggestions. Ultimately, they make the bus buying experience a happy and highly satisfactory one.