How to Install Harley Switch Covers
Chrome Ingnition Switch Cover Installation
- 1). Remove the ignition-switch-face nut.
- 2). Remove the front mounting bolt on the fuel tank.
- 3). Remove the ignition cover mounting screw; then remove and discard the original ignition switch cover.
- 4). Place the chrome ignition-switch cover in position and install the original mounting screw. Tighten the screw.
- 5). Reinstall the front fuel tank mounting bolt. Tighten the bolt.
- 6). Install the face nut to secure the switch to the cover and tighten.
Installing Neutral Switch Cover Kit
- 1). Disconnect the battery cables, negative cable first.
- 2). Unplug the neutral switch wires from the switch.
- 3). Loosely start the set screws into the mounting bracket.
- 4). Install the mounting bracket over the switch hex. The bracket surface should rest against the transmission top cover with threaded holes facing up toward the rear cylinder.
- 5). Tighten the set screws. Do not tighten one all the way and then do the other; snug one screw then snug the other screw. Tighten the rest of the way.
- 6). Plug in the switch wires.
- 7). Install the cover over the mounting bracket, using the washer and the 8/32-inch button-head screw, using the provided wrench. Do not pinch the wires.
- 8). Reconnect the battery cables, positive first.