How to Use Pictures to Help ESL Students
- 1). Select a magazine that has pictures of the vocabulary words you wish to teach in your lesson. For example, a restaurant review magazine may have useful pictures for a lesson on dining out.
- 2). Cut out the pictures representing the vocabulary words you plan to teach and paste them to the index cards. Use one picture per card.
- 3). Write the vocabulary word on the back of each index card.
- 4). Present each index card to the students one at a time.
- 5). Say the vocabulary word you want them to associate with the picture. This reinforces the learning by adding an auditory component.
- 6). Ask the students to repeat the vocabulary word while looking at the picture.
- 7). Repeat the "say and repeat" exercise three times for each card.
- 8). Hold up one of the index cards and ask one of the students or the group to tell you what the picture represents.
Related Posts "Society & Culture & Entertainment"
7/11/2019 3:56:00 PM
7/11/2019 3:01:00 PM
7/11/2019 12:50:00 AM
7/10/2019 5:13:00 PM