How to Work With CyberPatrol
- 1). Install CyberPatrol on your computer. Insert the installation CD into the disc drive, then follow the prompts of the installation wizard to complete the program setup.
- 2). Double-click the desktop icon. You are asked to create a username and password. Doing so ensures that your children are not capable of accessing the CyberPatrol software and changing the user settings.
- 3). Choose the filtering options, then either type in keywords you don't want to appear on the website or enter in the full URL of a website you want to keep from view. You may add sites to this as you use the program.
- 4). Check the "Programs" function, then select the programs to which you want to restrict access. This allows you to prevent your child from accessing instant messengers. When attempting to open the program a prompt appears, asking for a username and password for CyberPatrol. Without the correct information, it is impossible to load the program.
- 5). Click on the "Access Time" option. From here you may choose just how long your child may access the Internet every day. This helps you set a time limit so your child doesn't spend the entire day on the net.