How to Make an iPod Video Cable
- 1). Put the newspaper down on a work surface. Unscrew the covers off of the four-connector plug and the four-connector jack. Thread the two covers onto the eight-inch four-wire cable with the thinner part of each cover facing the other.
- 2). Strip the wires from both sides of the eight-inch four-wire cable using the wire strippers. Use the permanent ink pen to mark the three connectors that are together on the four-connector jack "Audio," "Gound" and "Video," starting from the left side.
- 3). Use the permanent ink pen to mark the connector hanging off at the left by itself on the four-connector plug "Ground." Mark both of the two tiny plugs at the center of the the four-connector plug "Audio." Mark the large video connector hanging at the bottom below the "Audio" plug as "Video."
- 4). Solder the four-connector jack to the eight-inch four-wire cable as follows: the white wire to the left audio connector, the black wire to the ground, the green wire to the video connector and the red wire to the large right audio connector. Push the cover that is on the eight-inch four-wire cable and closest to the four-connector jack onto the jack and screw it down.
- 5). Solder the four-connector plug to the eight-inch four-wire cable as follows: the black wire to the ground, th green wire to the large video connector, a red and white wire to each of the two audio connectors. Push the cover that is on the eight-inch four-wire cable and closest to the four-connector plug onto the plug and screw it down.
- 6). Attach the iPod connector on the iPod video cable you have made to the iPod. Attach the video and two audio cables at the other end of the iPod video cable to the video and audio inputs of a TV set to watch what is on the iPod.