How to Make Sippy Cup Holders
- 1). Heat seal the ends of your piece of ribbon or webbing, by slightly melting them with a lighter or a match. Or fold under the ends and sew them instead.
- 2). Sew one piece of the 1-inch Velcro to one side of one end of the ribbon. Turn the ribbon over and measure 6 inches down the reverse side. Sew the other piece of the 1-inch Velcro there.
- 3). Sew one side of the 3-inch Velcro to one end of the ribbon. Measure 8 ½ inches down, and sew the other piece of the 3-inch Velcro to the reverse side of the ribbon.
- 4). Cut a piece of shelf liner that is 8 inches wide by however wide your ribbon is. For example, if your ribbon is 2 inches wide, cut a 8-by-2-inch piece of liner.
- 5). Lay your piece of shelf liner on the reverse side of the 3-inch ribbon. Using tissue paper if necessary to allow the liner to slide under the presser foot of your machine, sew together all four layers of fabric: the ribbon, Velcro, shelf liner and tissue paper.
- 6). Pull away the tissue paper from the fabric.
- 7). Hook together the 3-inch Velcro around the bar of your stroller or highchair and the 1-inch end around your sippy cup handle.