How to Install a Car Roof Rack
- 1). Put the rack together. Each rack is different so follow the directions with the rack. Usually this entails attaching joints to two mounting strips and then attaching the rack bars to the joints.
- 2). Place the rack on top of the vehicle and measure between the rack and the sides of the vehicle to ensure the rack is in the center.
- 3). Drill holes into the top of the car through guide holes on the mounting plates of the rack. If you can't get a good angle, drill just enough to make an indentation, remove the rack, and then drill the hole.
- 4). Place the rack back over the holes. Secure the rack by screwing in the mounting screws with a screwdriver.
- 5). Peel the backing off the no slip strips which may have come with the kit and apply them to the roof of your car. Make sure the car is free from debris when you apply them and make sure they are evenly spaced.