- 1). Turn on the hose so that there is low pressure. If you have a nozzle or other device that concentrates water flow, remove it.
- 2). Rinse your truck off with the hose. Make sure that you wet down every surface and clean off any loose debris.
- 3). Wash the outside of the truck with car and truck soap using a natural sponge. Car and truck soap is specially formulated so that it will not strip the wax off of your vehicle and won't damage the clear coat. The natural sponge is gentle enough to prevent scratching the surface of your truck. Car and truck soap manufacturers--like Meguiars--offer several different formulations of soap for you to choose from. The exact ratio of soap to water will vary depending on the concentration of the soap, so you'll need to pay close attention to the instructions.
When washing, it may be easiest to start with the bottom and work your way up. As you are washing your truck, you don't want to let the soap dry completely. By starting at the bottom, and working up, water is constantly running down, keeping the section you just cleaned from drying. Start with one section (i.e. front quarter panel, door, rear quarter panel, etc.) and work your way around the truck. Make sure to remove as much dirt and debris as you can.
- 4). Rinse off the section you just washed on your truck with the hose, making sure you still are using low pressure. By using low pressure, you will notice that the soap and water sheets off of your truck, reducing the possibility of water spots. After you've finished one section, continue with the next section, working your way around the truck.
- 5). Repeat steps 3 and 4 if you miss any debris, tar or dirt.
- 6). Open up the lint-free cotton towel and lay it flat on the section you are drying. Pull the towel forward toward you. Only pull in one direction. For example, if you are drying your hood, Lay the towel up near the windshield and pull it back towards you. Repeat this process until the hood is dry. For doors, start at the top and wipe downwards toward the ground.
When the towel becomes damp, get a fresh towel.