How to Change the Circuit Board on a Maytag Oven
- 1). Pull the range away from the wall so that the rear is accessible and unplug it from the wall outlet. If repairing a wall oven or drop-in range, turn off the breaker in your service panel.
- 2). Remove the screws on the rear of the control panel of your range, then remove the upper-rear panel. If repairing a wall or drop-in range, open the oven door and remove the screws from the underside of the control panel, then rotate the control panel down.
- 3). Remove the screws securing the electronic oven control to the control housing. Remove the electronic oven control do not disconnect the wires.
- 4). Peel the overlay off the front of the electronic oven control and affix it to the front of the new electronic oven control.
- 5). Secure the new electronic oven control to the control housing using the screws that were removed.
- 6). Transfer the wires, one at a time, from the old electronic oven control to the new electronic oven control.
- 7). Replace the rear panel of the range, or move the control housing back into position, and secure it in place using the screws that were removed.
- 8). Restore power to the range or oven and, if necessary, move the range back into position.