- 1). Put on your construction mask and goggles.
- 2). Fill a spray bottle with water and spray six different areas in different parts of your ceiling.
- 3). Using a large putty knife scrape off 1-inch of popcorn texture in each location and place the samples in a plastic bag.
- 4). Take the samples to a local lab to test for asbestos. If the samples do come back positive, have a professional remove the popcorn ceiling.
Remove Popcorn Ceiling
- 1). Cover all furniture in the room with plastic sheets and place a dropcloth on the ground to protect your floor.
- 2). Put on a construction mask and goggles to protect yourself from falling debris.
- 3). Fill a spray bottle with water and spray an area of 5 feet. Do not soak the popcorn. It should be moist, making the popcorn soft.
- 4). Scrape off the area with a large putty knife.
- 5). Move across the ceiling in 5-foot sections and repeat these steps until all the popcorn is removed.
Related Posts "Home & Garden"
7/11/2019 8:40:00 AM
7/11/2019 2:19:00 AM