How to Email an Access Table
- 1). Open the database.
- 2). Click on the "Create" tab.
- 3). Go to the "Macro" option. The icon resembles a gold inverted "S." Click on the down arrow under the Macro icon and click on "Macro."
- 4). Click on the down arrow under the Action field and go to the "SendObject" command.
- 5). Select "Table" in the Object Type field in the Action Arguments segment of the Macro tab. In the Object Name field, click on the down arrow to select the name of the table to email. For the Output Format, leave it blank. This will prompt Access to ask the user in which format to export the table (e.g., .xls for Excel).
- 6). Type the email address in the To: field. If the table must also be carbon copied (Cc) and/or blind copied (Bcc) to others, type their email addresses in the Cc and Bcc fields respectively.
- 7). Type the subject of the email in the Subject field and the text of the message in the Message Text field. To edit the message in the email application, click on the down arrow in the Edit Message field and select "Yes."
- 8). Save and name the macro in the"Save As" dialog box. Run the macro by clicking the exclamation point in the upper left corner.