How to Replace the Airbag in a 1993 Nissan Altima
- 1). Turn the car's ignition to the off position. Remove the keys from the ignition. Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables to ensure the airbag does not accidentally activate during removal. Wait at least three minutes before beginning work.
- 2). Locate the retaining-clip access hole on the lower left side of the front of the steering wheel.
- 3). Insert the blunt object into the hole and feel for the metal retaining clip. Once you locate it, press upward with the tool to disengage the clip and remove the airbag. It might help to use a small, flat screwdriver to pry the module up along the sides.
- 4). Lift the module out of the steering wheel. Locate the connecting harness that connects the airbag to the horn module. Disconnect the harness by lifting the locking tab.
- 5). Lift the module out of the steering wheel. Place it where it won't be disturbed. Carry the module with the front pointing away from you and with the module front side facing up.
- 6). Replace the airbag following the above steps in reverse.
Related Posts "Cars & Vehicles"
7/11/2019 3:35:00 PM
7/11/2019 11:48:00 AM
7/11/2019 8:31:00 AM
You might also like on "Cars & Vehicles"
7/10/2019 4:44:00 PM