- Zeta Clear is a solution used to treat unsightly fungus on the finger and toenails. Fungus causes the nails to yellow and harden, leaving them with a rough, uneven texture. The condition is usually caused by wearing tight shoes and socks or soiled shoes. Zeta Clear contains ingredients made of botanical oils. Some side effects come with using the solution, and learning what to expect when using this topical treatment is important.
- The botanical oils in Zeta Clear are tea tree, almond, lemongrass, jojoba, vitamin E, clove oil and undecylenic acid, which comes from castor oil. Almond oil can cause an allergic reaction in some and should be avoided by people who have had such reactions. No one who is allergic to nuts should risk using a topical treatment with almond oil (See References). If ingested, tea tree oil can cause allergic rashes that can be severe in intensity and result in inflammations of the mouth along the corners.
- Tea tree oil can cause diarrhea and pain in the abdomen if accidentally taken orally. (See References) Care should be taken to prevent children from accidentally ingesting this product.
Beneficial Side Effects
- Almond oil can soothe, moisturize and relieve itching on the skin. Tea tree oil contains terpenoids, which are thought to encourage healthy nails. Jojoba oil is similar to sebum that is produced naturally through the glands in our skin. Sebum prevents loss of moisture. Vitamin E oil is thought to heal blemishes and scarring and is an antioxidant. Lemongrass oil is used as a repellent for mosquitoes. Clove oil is applied topically as an analgesic for toothaches. Undecylenic acid is thought to promote good skin health.
- Most botanical oils have not been proven safe for use by pregnant or nursing mothers, so pregnant women should consult their obstetricians before using Zeta Clear.