How to Change Dictation Source in Dragon Naturallyspeaking 9
- 1). Click "Naturally Speaking" on the program's task bar. Click "Open User" from the drop-down menu. To add a new user and dictation source, go to Step 2. To add a new dictation source to an existing user, go to Step 4.
- 2). Click on "New" to create a new user with a new dictation source. The dictation source is the device used to convey the speech to the program, such as a headset microphone, voice recorder or Blu-ray microphone. Enter a new name for the user. If you do not give the new user a name, the default will be the first user's name with a 2 behind it. For instance, if the first user's name is Pamela, the second user will be Pamela 2.
- 3). Choose a dictation source from the drop-down menu. Select "General" or "Teen" vocabulary, which is the teenage acoustic model. Click "Next." Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 will open a new window for training with the new device.
- 4). Click on "Naturally Speaking" in the task bar. Click on "Open User" to add a new dictation source to your profile. Highlight the user profile. Click on "Source." Click on "New." Highlight the new device to use for speech-to-text in the drop-down menu under "Dictation Source." Click "OK."
- 5). Continue the training process and follow all prompts. You will be required to read short paragraphs so that the system understands how you speak and pronounce words.
- 6). Change among dictation sources by clicking "Naturally Speaking" on the program's task bar. Click "Open User" from the drop-down menu. Select the dictation source from the user list.