How to Add a Watermark to a Word Document
- 1). Open Microsoft Word by double-clicking the Word shortcut icon on your desktop, or by clicking "Start," pointing to "Programs" or "All Programs" and then finding Word in your Programs list. Open a new, blank document or an existing document to which you want to add a watermark.
- 2). Click "Format" on your toolbar. Point to "Background" and then click "Printed Watermark." The "Printed Watermark" dialog box will open.
- 3). Decide whether you want to use a picture or text as your watermark.
- 4). Add a picture watermark by clicking the "Picture Watermark" radio button. Click the "Select Picture" button, and your "Insert Picture" box will open. Navigate to the picture you want to use and click on it to select it. Click the "Insert" button. For best results, leave the "Scale" option set at "Auto" and leave the check box for "Washout" selected. Click "Apply" and "OK."
- 5). Add a text watermark by clicking the "Text Watermark" radio button. Choose from the text provided in the drop-down menu, or type your own desired text into the "Text" field. Select the font style, size and color you want. Choose from diagonal layout or horizontal layout. For best results, leave the check box for "Semitransparent" selected. Click "Apply" and "OK."