How to Troubleshoot Audio Drivers
- 1). Click the "Start" button, right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties."
- 2). Select the "Hardware" tab in the Properties window and then select "Device Manger."
- 3). Find your audio hardware device under the "Sound" heading, right-click it and select "Properties."
- 4). Click the "Troubleshoot" button.
- 5). Answer the set of questions to best describe the issue you are having with your sound drivers. Your system may be playing system sounds but no other sounds, no sounds at all, or no sounds through your speakers. If you do not know the answer to one of the questions, choose the "I do not know" option to move on to the next question.
- 6). Perform the recommended tasks as your proceed through the questionnaire. You may have to roll back your drivers to a previous version, update them, or some other solution.