How to Form Salmon Medallions
- 1). Remove bones using tweezers or pliers. Butchers typically remove the bones in salmon steaks but if any remain, remove them by pulling firmly at an angle until they come out.
- 2). Place the salmon on a flat surface with the "belly" side of the fish nearest to you. Begin rolling the salmon as tightly as possible away from you until you have created a salmon roll, resembling a log.
- 3). Wrap the salmon roll tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Keeping the fish cold and wrapped tightly will keep the roll in place when cutting it into medallions.
- 4). Slice the salmon roll into one-inch thick pieces while the plastic wrap is still on.
- 5). Remove the plastic wrap and prepare as normal.