Velvet-Embossed German Bells Instructions
Create a Bell
- 1). On the first sheet of card stock, fold the top corner over to meet the right edge of the paper. Make the crease so that the top and right edges are in line and the top-right corner is folded in half. This is your first diagonal crease. It should look like two overlapping triangles with a few inches of excess paper on one side. Use scissors to cut off the excess. When you unfold the paper, you should have an 8-by-8-inch square.
- 2). Fold the top-right corner down to meet the bottom-left corner. Unfold. This is your second diagonal crease.
- 3). Fold the paper in half so that the top-left corner meets the top-right corner and the bottom-left corner meets the bottom-right corner. Unfold. This is your vertical crease.
- 4). Fold the paper in half so that the top-left corner meets the bottom-left corner and the top-right corner meets the bottom-right corner. Unfold. This is your horizontal crease.
- 5). Fold the top-left corner down so that the left edge runs parallel with the diagonal crease.
- 6). Fold the bottom-right corner up to meet the top-left corner so that the bottom edge runs parallel with the same diagonal crease. It will look like the nose of a paper airplane. Unfold.
- 7). Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat steps 5 and 6. Repeat this step two more times, turning the paper 90 degrees each time.
- 8). You will notice the creases form an octagon in the center. Trace the diagonal spokes inside the hexagon with your red pen.
- 9). You will also notice the horizontal spokes extend beyond the hexagon to the edge of the paper. Trace the part of the spokes outside of the hexagon with red pen.
At each of the corners there are three creases. Use your black pen to trace the left-most crease from the top-left corner until you get to the to the intersection with the bottom-most crease.
Use your black pen to trace the left-most crease from the bottom-left corner until you get to the to the intersection with the top-most crease.
Turn the paper 90 degrees and repeat steps 10 and 11. Repeat twice, turning 90 degrees each time so that it is done for each side.
Reverse the fold along the red lines, pinching to crease. These folds will fold up and toward the inside of the bell.
Hold the paper in the palm of one hand and use your finger from the other hand to push in the center point.
Bring all of the corners together to form the top. Your bell structure has been created. Apply glue to hold the sides together.